|In the Matter of:||)||Docket No. 98-AFC-1|
|Application for Certification||)||NOTICE OF COMMITTEE|
|for the Pittsburg District||)||STATUS CONFERENCE|
|Energy Facility (PDEF)||)|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Committee assigned to conduct proceedings in the above-captioned matter has scheduled a Committee Status Conference subsequent to the Staff Workshop, which will be held the same day. (The Staff Workshop will be held at 10 a.m. at the same location.) The Committee Conference is scheduled as follows:
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 1998
Beginning at 3 p.m.
City Council Chambers
Pittsburg City Hall
65 Civic Avenue
The purpose of the Committee Status Conference is to determine whether case development is progressing satisfactorily, as well as to consider potential delays and other relevant matters that require Committee attention. Representatives from governmental agencies participate in status conference discussions covering technical isues; and members of the public are encouraged to attend this Conference . The public will be given an opportunity to ask questions and participate in the process. In particular, the Committee is interested in receiving information regarding the following:
II. PURPOSE OF CONFERENCE
- Status of outstanding data requests and data responses and the anticipated dates or submittal of the requested information;
- Status of Applicant's negotiations for particulate matter less than 10 microns (PM10) offsets;
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District's (BAAQMD) response to Applicant's proposed Best Available Control Technology (BACT) analysis;
- Schedule for BAAQMD's release of its Preliminary Determination of Compliance (PDOC) and the Final Determination of Compliance (FDOC);
- Schedule for Independent System Operator's (ISO) review of PG&E's Interconnection Study;
- Possible new proposal for the transmission route, and the impacts of designing and reviewing such new proposal on the 12-month Application for Certification (AFC) schedule;
- Modifications to the project footprint and equipment to mitigate potential noise impacts;
- Applicant's proposal for wastewater treatment and whether the Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) will require a modification to the existing National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit or a new permit and, if so, whether such requirement will impact the 12-month AFC schedule;
- Whether Staff can issue its Preliminary Staff Assessment (PSA) by January 11, 1999; and if not, what is the revised release date;
- If the PSA release date is moved forward, to what extent Staff will include the Delta Energy Project in its cumulative impacts analysis;
- What are the parties' views on releasing the Final Staff Assessment (FSA) prior to receipt of 1) the final DOC; 2) final analysis of the Interconnection Study by the ISO; and/or 3) a new or revised NPDES permit; and
- Whether it will be necessary to delay the 12-month AFC schedule to allow time for the parties to prepare and submit a complete record to the Committee prior to the conclusion of evidentiary hearings.
The Committee directs the parties to respond to these queries at the Status Conference and to provide any additional information that would be relevant to assist the Committee in reviewing the status of this proceeding. While the Committee does not intend to take testimony at the Conference, the discussion will be reported and will become part of the record. Representatives from the relevant governmental agencies are invited to provide information regarding their involvement in this process.
Documentary support for the oral presentations is encouraged. If the parties wish to submit any documentary support for their positions, copies shall be served upon all entities included on the Proof of Service list by Monday, November 16, 1998. Please also bring at least 30 copies to the Conference for distribution to the Committee and Conference participants.
For information on how to participate in this Conference, contact Roberta Mendonca, the Commissions Public Adviser, at (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to participate, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004 or email: email@example.com
Procedural or legal questions may be directed to the Hearing Officer, Susan Gefter, at (916) 654-3893 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information concerning other activities in this proceeding is available on the Energy Commissions Internet home page at: www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/pittsburg
Dated: November 3, 1998 ENERGY RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION _____original signed_____ _____original signed_____ DAVID A. ROHY, Ph.D MICHAL C. MOORE Vice Chair and Presiding Member Commissioner and Associate Member
| Back to Notices Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |