In the Matter of: ) Docket No. 98-AFC-4 ) Application for Certification for the ) NOTICE OF PREHEARING CONFERENCE Amended Sunrise Power Project ) -and- SCHEDULING ORDER ) ________________________________________)
I. NOTICE OF PREHEARING CONFERENCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Committee will conduct a public Prehearing Conference as follows:
MONDAY, October 30, 2000
Beginning at 10:00 a.m.
California Energy Commission
First Floor Hearing Room B
1516 Ninth Street
At this event, all parties (Staff, Applicant and Intervenors) shall present their respective opinions concerning: which substantive topic areas are ready for evidentiary hearings; which topic areas, if any, require further analysis, including the nature of, and timeframe for, any such analysis; which topic areas the parties have reached agreement upon; and which remain subject to disagreement and require adjudication.
Interested members of the public or governmental agencies may comment at the Prehearing Conference.
Purposes and Procedures
The basic purposes of the Prehearing Conference are to assess the parties' readiness for evidentiary hearings, to identify areas of agreement or dispute, and to discuss procedures which will assist the Committee in concluding this licensing process according to the attached schedule. In this regard, the parties shall be prepared to discuss the matters mentioned above as well as future filing dates for testimony and other evidentiary documents, briefing and comment periods, and other related items.
Each party shall serve and file a Prehearing Conference Statement. These Statements must be emailed to the Hearing Officer and the three active parties, no later than 5:00 p.m., on Thursday, October 26, 2000. In addition, copies shall be served and sent to the Docket Unit as per Commission regulations. Identify these Statements with "Docket No. 98-AFC-4."
Statements may be in a table or matrix format. Each Statement shall specify:
- the topic areas which a party believes require revisions;
- the topic areas which are ready to proceed to evidentiary hearings;
- the topic areas which a party believes are not yet ready to proceed to evidentiary hearings and the reasons therefor;
- whether or not dispute requiring adjudication exists on each topic area; for topic areas which remain disputed, include a brief summary of the precise nature of the dispute;
- the identity of the witness(es) a party proposes to sponsor, the topic area upon which the witness(es) will testify, a brief summary of the testimony to be offered and of the witness(es) qualifications, and the time required to present direct testimony;
- any exhibits a party intends to offer as evidence;
- the topic areas in which a party plans to conduct cross examination and the estimated time required for cross; and
- any comments on the attached schedule.
Those desiring information or assistance concerning participation in these proceedings should contact Roberta Mendonca, the Public Adviser, at (916) 654-4489 or, toll free, (800) 822-6228,or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Marc Pryor, the Staff Project Manager, will respond to technical inquiries and may be reached at (916) 653-0159 or, e-mail address: email@example.com. Questions of a legal or procedural nature should be addressed to Gary Fay, the Hearing Officer, at (916) 654-3893; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004 if you require special accommodation to participate at this meeting. Media inquiries should be directed to Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director, at (916) 654-4989. Information concerning the status of the project, as well as notices and other relevant documents, is also available on the Energy Commission's Internet home page at: www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/sunrise
Date On Line: October 20, 2000
ENERGY RESOURCES CONSERVATION
AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
MICHAL C. MOORE, Ph.D.
Commissioner and Presiding Member
Sunrise AFC Committee
Commissioner and Associate Member
Sunrise AFC Committee
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |