Residential Compliance Manual
For California's 2005
Energy Efficiency Standards
Publication Number: CEC-400-2005-005-CMF
Date Published: April 2005
Effective Date: October 1, 2005
Third Quarter Revision: October 21, 2005
Fourth Quarter Revision: May 26, 2006
Please note that most of these documents are available to download as Adobe Acrobat PDF files. To download, navigate and print PDF files you will need to have the free Acrobat Reader software installed in and configured for your computer. You can download the software from Adobe Systems Incorporated's Web site.
2005 Residential Compliance Manual Errata - Fourth Quarter
There are two ways to update to the fourth quarter manual:
Insert the Fourth Quarter Errata pages. If you already have the third quarter manual, and simply want to insert the fourth quarter revised pages, click here.
- Download the Fourth Quarter manual below, which includes the third and fourth quarter errata.
Fourth quarter revision posted May 26, 2006
Download Entire 2005 Residential Compliance Manual (4Q)
Includes the 3rd and 4th quarter errata
(Acrobat PDF, 344 pages, 8.8 Megabytes - please note size!)
- Cover and Table of Contents (11 pages, 608 kilobytes)
- 1. Introduction (27 pages, 1.3 megabytes)
- 2. Compliance and Enforcement (21 pages, 385 kilobytes)
- 3. Building Envelope (72 pages, 4.5 megabytes)
- 4. Building HVAC Requirements (55 pages, 2.1 megabytes)
- 5. Water Heating Requirements (26 pages, 560 kilobytes)
- 6. Lighting (24 pages, 320 kilobytes)
- 7. Performance Method (14 pages, 224 kilobytes)
- 8. Additions, Alterations and Repairs (32 pages, 780 kilobytes)
- 9. Index (6 pages, 232 kilobytes)
- Appendix A. Compliance Forms (38 pages, 804 kilobytes)
- Appendix B. Applicable Tables and Language from Standards and RACM (13 pages, 260 kilobytes)
- Appendix C. Natural Gas Appliance Testing (NGAT) Standards (1 page, 84 kilobytes)
- Appendix D. Eligibility Criteria for Radiant Barriers (2 pages, 96 kilobytes)
For the Third Quarter Errata insert pages click here.
To be used to update the version of the manual prior to the third quarter revision. Note: You will also need to download the fourth quarter errata pages in order to update to the most current version.
If you have questions about the 2005 Standards:
California Energy Commission
Energy Standards Hotline
phone: (916) 654-5106
phone: (800) 772-3300
1516 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814