Title 24 Training
Education and training are important in order to understand and comply with the current Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and to use compliance software.
This page focuses on training; also see the Educational Resources page for other opportunities. The Energy Commission coordinates with utility partners and stakeholder organizations to offer frequent opportunities to enhance your skills and awareness of the Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Please subscribe to the Building Standards Listserv to receive information about the Building Energy Efficiency Standards, Compliance Software, and educational opportunities.
Energy Standards Training
Overview Webinars (WebEx Playback Help)
Energy Commission Presentations
- Nonresidential Indoor Lighting (PDF, 2.9 Mb)
- Nonresidential Compliance Documents (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- Cool Roofs (PDF, 1.8 Mb)
- Residential Alterations (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
- Acceptance Testing (PDF, 2.3 Mb)
- Solid Foundation of the Energy Standards (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
- Nonresidential Alterations Overview (PDF, 2.7 Mb)
- Envelope Overview (PDF, 393 kb)
Utility-Sponsored Tools And Training
EnergyCodeACE offers free Title 24 Part 6 tools, training and resources to assist the building industry, related stakeholders, and the public comply with the 2013 Building Energy Efficiency Standards. For energy code compliance training courses in your utility service area see the EnergyCodeACE Training page or visit your utility training web pages listed in the right column.
Compliance Software Training
California Building Energy Code Compliance, Nonresidential (CBECC-Com) Software Tutorials
A series of short tutorial videos is available for the CBECC-Com software. The videos help users understand the software workflow and specific features, and provide step-by-step procedures for modeling tasks using examples. Note: The videos were created based on an earlier version of CBECC-Com (v1c), so the user interface in the videos may not match the user interface of the current version of CBECC-Com. The intent of the videos is to provide guidance on the modeling workflow using SketchUp/OpenStudio and CBECC-Com.
See the Tutorial Videos and Frequently Asked Questions.
California Building Energy Code Compliance, Residential
To see information about CBECC-Res, including up-to-date Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers), please visit the 2013 Residential Compliance Software Project.
2013 CBECC Software Training Webinars
Utility-Sponsored Compliance Software Training
See individual utility websites for information on course availability and registration.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company - San Francisco, CA
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District - Sacramento, CA
- San Diego Gas and Electric Company - San Diego, CA
- Southern California Edison - Irwindale, CA
Acceptance Testing Webinars
Other Organizations that offer Energy-Related Training
- CALBO (California Building Officials) organization
- ICC (International Code Council)
- CABEC 2013 Residential and Nonresidential Training Webinars, (California Building Energy Consultants)
- BII - Building Industry Institute