This event has passed. The event information on this page is for historical purposes only and links may no longer work.
The California Energy Commission will conduct a public working group meeting to seek input on potential research topics on ignition prevention and utility system vegetative intrusion detection and suppression to increase grid resilience and improve public safety.
The public may participate in person or online. The meeting will be held on:
October 16, 2018
CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION
1516 Ninth Street
First Floor, Charles Imbrecht Hearing Room
Sacramento, California 95814-5512
The Energy Commission plans to discuss the following topics at this public working group meeting to inform implementation of the 2018-2020 Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) Triennial Investment Plan:
- The most cost-efficient mitigations that will have the greatest impact on reducing utility infrastructure related ignitions
- Alternative or improved vegetative intrusion detection and suppression
- Improved de-energization performance, including circuit breaker, recloser, advanced technology sensing, and proactive de-energization practices
- Weather preparedness and situational awareness
- Overhead conductor failure causation and failure mitigation
Remote Access Available by Computer or Phone via WebEx
TELECONFERENCE OPTION: Parties and the public may attend the Public Workshop in person at the above location or by telephone and/or by computer via our "WebEx" web conferencing system. For additional details on how to participate via WebEx, please see the notice & Agenda at:
VIA COMPUTER: Go to
https://energy.webex.com and enter the meeting number 922 285 044.
For more information: