Final 2018 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update
Toward A Clean Energy Future, 2018 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update Volume I, Adopted August 1, 2018.
Toward A Clean Energy Future, 2018 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update Volume II, Adopted February 20, 2019.
The Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR) is the state’s principal energy policy report. The California Energy Commission (CEC) divided the 2018 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update (2018 IEPR Update) into two volumes and adopted Toward a Clean Energy Future, 2018 IEPR Update, Volume I on August 1, 2018 followed by Volume II on February 20, 2019. Volume I provides a high-level overview of California’s energy policies while Volume II provides analyses and recommendations.
To further advance California’s energy system, the 2018 IEPR Update, Volume II addresses:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from California’s buildings.
- Increasing energy efficiency.
- Integrating more renewable energy and plug-in zero-emission vehicles into the grid.
- Improving energy forecasting capabilities to better plan for the future.
- Enhancing the resiliency to climate change, particularly wildfires.
- Ensuring reliability and that the benefits of clean energy reach all Californians.
Senate Bill 1389 (SB 1389, Bowen and Sher, Chapter 568, Statutes of 2002) requires the CEC to:
"[C]onduct assessments and forecasts of all aspects of energy industry supply, production, transportation, delivery and distribution, demand, and prices. The [CEC] shall use these assessments and forecasts to develop energy policies that conserve resources, protect the environment, ensure energy reliability, enhance the state's economy, and protect public health and safety." (Pub. Res. Code § 25301(a)).
The CEC adopts an Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR, pronounced eye'-per) every two years and an update every other year. This proceeding, docket # 18-IEPR-01, covers the 2018 IEPR Update.
2018 IEPR Update Scoping Order
- Sierra Club comments on IEPR Scoping Order TN-222751 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- SoCalGas Comments on 2018 IEPR Update Scoping Order TN-222750 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company Comments on Proposed 2018 IEPR Update Scope TN-222749 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- SDGE Comments on 2018 IEPR Agenda and Scoping Order TN-222748 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- California Hydrogen Business Council Comments on 2018 IEPR Scoping Memo TN-222743 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- AWEA California Caucus Comments on the February 12, 2018 Draft IEPR Update Scoping Order TN-222738 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- NFCRC Comments 2018 IEPR Scoping Order 02_26_18 TN-222727 Submitted 2/26/2018.
- Comments of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) on the Scoping Order for the 2018 Integrated Energy Policy Report Updat TN-222719 Submitted 2/26/2018.
This proceeding consists of the following dockets: