Planning Grant Program
Funding for the Tribal Government Challenge Planning Grant Program will help tribes conduct planning to identify Solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve clean energy access, and advance climate adaptation and resiliency on tribal lands and in tribal communities.
The final draft of the Tribal Government Challenge solicitation is available. The only method of delivery for submitting a proposal in response to this solicitation is the Energy Commission’s Grant Solicitation System. This online tool allows applicants to submit their electronic documents to the Energy Commission prior to the date and time specified in this solicitation.
The Tribal Comment & Responses from the Draft Solicitation Tribal Comment Period.
There was an online Proposal Assistance Webinar held on March 18, 2020 from 1PM to 3PM. The webinar provided California Native American Tribes the opportunity to ask questions about the requirements and application process for the Tribal Government Challenge Planning Grant Program. The PowerPoint slides from the Webinar are now available.
- Proposal Assistance Webinar: March 18, 2020, 1PM-3PM PDT (registration info above)
- Deadline for Written Questions: April 2, 2020, 5:00PM PDT
- Deadline to Submit Proposals: May 22, 2020 5:00PM PDT
- Award Determination Posted: June 22, 2020
The purpose of the Statewide Gap Analysis is to provide the State with a snapshot of Tribes’ current renewable energy, climate change, and other relevant and related needs and priorities.
- Pre-Bid Webinar: March 25, 2020, 2PM-3PM PDT
- Statewide Gap Analysis of California Tribal Lands - Pre-bidder Webinar Presentation
- Deadline for Written Questions: March 30, 2020, 5:00PM PDT
- Deadline to Submit Proposals: April 17, 2020, 5:00PM PDT
- Award Determination Posted: May 6, 2020