Solicitation is to fund applied research and development projects that facilitate the development of next-generation wind energy technologies and result in increased competitiveness, performance and reliability, while lowering the cost and the environmental and wildlife impacts of wind energy. Funded projects must meet one of the following objectives:
- Develop advanced on-site manufacturing approaches and material science solutions for land-based wind energy projects in California;
- Increase of productivity and reduce the levelized cost of energy (LCOE) and wildlife impacts of offshore wind energy through real-time, remote monitoring and control systems, and;
- Increase understanding of how offshore energy deployments may affect sensitive species and habitats.
- Notice of Proposed Award, Groups 1 - 3 (see Solicitation files)
- Addendum 1 makes revisions to the Solicitation Manual (see Solicitation files)
The deadline to submit an application has been extended to 12/16/2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Pre-Application Workshop for GFO-19-302 - YouTube Video
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation - PDF