Validate the ability of a second-life battery, paired with solar PV, to provide building resiliency and load shifting services for a small/medium-sized commercial building. This solicitation will fund applied research consisting of two parts: 1) laboratory testing to measure and characterize the degradation rate of repurposed second-life EV batteries to better predict battery lifespan based on initial characteristics; and 2) pilot demonstrations of second-life EV batteries paired with solar PV behind-the-meter to validate a technical enhancement for maximizing the battery's useful life while providing resiliency benefits for a small/medium-sized commercial building.
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Recording - YouTube
- Pre-Application Workshop Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Questions and Answers (See Solicitation Files)
- Notice of Proposed Award Addendum 1 (See Solicitation Files)