The purpose of this Program Opportunity Notice (PON) is to assist local educational agencies (LEAs) in the financing of their energy efficiency and renewable energy projects (i.e. energy projects). Up to $38 million will be available for loans for energy projects depending on projected energy and cost savings through an energy audit that complies with the criteria of this PON. Loans awarded at a California Energy Commission (CEC) business meeting are contingent on the CEC receiving the funds. This PON requires that the loan be repaid with energy cost savings within the effective useful life (EUL) of the project equipment or within 20 years, whichever is less. Payments begin upon completion of the project, and the loan must be repaid in full in no more than 40 equal semiannual payments. The estimated first year energy cost savings will set the total annual repayment amount.
- Notice of Proposed Award and Result Table (See Solicitation Files)
- Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 1 (See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 2 - The purpose of this addendum is to make revisions to the Solicitation Manual (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)