The purpose of this RFP is to produce a long-term natural gas research strategy to help decarbonize California by 2045. The strategy is expected to produce prioritized research recommendations that include all stages in the supply chain (production, transmission, storage, and distribution for low carbon fuels) and all natural gas (NG) end use sectors, except for utility-scale power generation. These recommendations will inform future research on technology development, deployment, and demonstration in the California Energy Commission’s (CEC) Natural Gas Research Program to help transition to a net-zero carbon natural gas system.
- Pre-Application Workshop Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Event Recording (See Event Page)
- Questions and Answers (See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 1 (See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 2 (See Solicitation Files)
- Notice of Proposed Award (See Solicitation Files)