This solicitation will fund research and development projects to demonstrate, test, and validate innovative floating offshore wind (FOSW) components and tools. The solicitation will fund two focus areas:
- Group 1: Manufacturing, Testing, and Pilot Demonstration of Floating Offshore Wind Technology (Total funding available: $10 million); or
- Group 2: Inspection and Monitoring Systems for Floating Offshore Wind Applications (Total funding available: $4 million).
Selected projects will advance the readiness, performance, reliability, and cost-competitiveness of FOSW, while increasing the knowledge of environmental and wildlife impacts in California.
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Event Recording (See Event Page)