This is a competitive grant solicitation. The California Energy Commission’s (CEC’s) Clean Transportation Program (formerly known as the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) announce the availability of up to $6,815,000 in grant funds for projects that will provide workforce training and development that support zero-emission vehicles (ZEV), ZEV infrastructure, and ZEV-related commercial technologies in California.
Proposed projects should demonstrate community and employer engagement and a path toward ZEV jobs in the State. The Inclusive, Diverse, Equitable, Accessible, and Local (IDEAL) ZEV Workforce Pilot focuses investments on and provides benefits to priority communities.
Key goals of this investment include:
- Supporting training in ZEV industries.
- Aligning workforce projects in ZEV deployment areas for growth and scale.
- Making training specifically available to priority communities.
- Preparing dislocated, unemployed, and new workforce entrants for ZEV careers.
- Accrue environmental and socioeconomic benefits to California.
 Priority populations include residents of (1) census tracts identified as disadvantaged per Senate Bill 535, (2) census tracts identified as low-income per Assembly Bill 1550, or (3) a low-income household per Assembly Bill 1550. For more information, please see https://www.arb.ca.gov/cci-communityinvestments.
- Pre-Application Event Recording (See Event Page)
- Pre-Application Workshop Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)