Tuesday, July 7, 2020
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access Only - Zoom
As part of the 2020 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update (2020 IEPR Update), the California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a remote access workshop to gather information on trends in assessing the future role for microgrids in California. CEC Chair David Hochschild, the lead commissioner for the microgrid portion of the 2020 IEPR Update, will co-host this workshop with CEC Vice Chair Janea A. Scott. California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) President Marybel Batjer, CPUC Commissioner Genevieve Shiroma and Steve Berberich, President and Chief Executive Officer of the California Independent System Operator, will also participate in the workshop.
A quorum of commissioners from CPUC and CEC may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 and the recommendations from the California Department of Public Health to encourage physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in these Executive Orders. Instructions for remote participation are provided below.
The workshop will be held in three sessions over two days.
Notice and Agenda
- July 7 & 9, 2020 - IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Accessing the Future Role for Microgrids in California
- Presentation - Microgrids Challenges and Performance
- Presentation - SB 1339 Updates
- Presentation - Commercializing Critical Facility Microgrids in California Modular, Scalable, Product-Centric Design
- Presentation - Lessons Learned from CEC EPIC Microgrid Research Activities
- Presentation - Critical Public Facilities Resilience
- Presentation - MCAS Miramar Installation Microgrid