Monday, November 18, 2019
09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
San Francisco, CA
The California Energy Commission (CEC), the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) will conduct a joint workshop to discuss technologies and inputs for technical analysis to inform the joint agency report required by Senate Bill (SB) 100, the "100 Percent Clean Energy Act of 2018” (de León, Chapter 312, Statutes of 2018).
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of SB 100 Technical Workshop - PDF
- Revise Agenda - SB 100 Technologies and Scenarios Workshop - PDF
- Transcript - SB 100 Technologies and Scenarios Workshop - PDF
- Leila Madrone - Solar PV - PDF
- Presentation by Ryan Schauland, California Air Resources Board - PDF
- Siva Gunda - SB 100 Technical Workshop Report Overview
- Chris McLean - SB 100 Analysis Planning
- Jason Ortego - SB 100 Framing Study Scenarios
- Mary Ann Piette - Demand Flexibility
- Erica Bowman - Pathway 2045 - SB 100 Technical Workshop
- Presentation - SB100 Technical Workshop, Presented by Adam Stern of Offshore Wind
- Presentation - Emerging Nuclear, Presented by Jessica Lovering
- Presentation - Achieving the goals of SB 100 with Green Hydrogen, Presented by Janice Lin
- Presentation - Energy Storage Within SB 100, Presented by Alex Morris
- Miguel Sierra Aznar - Gas Plant Retrofits, Presentation by Miguel Sierra Aznar, Noble Thermodynamics
- Johnny Casana - Onshore wind, Presentation by Johnny Casana, Pattern Energy
- Dr. Stephen R Kaffka - Biomass and Biofuels, Presentation by Dr. Stephen R. Kaffka, UC Davis
- Tim Latimer - Geothermal, Presentation by Tim Latimer, Fervo Energy
- James C Barner - LA 100% Renewable Energy Study
- Arne Olsen - Long-Run Resource Adequacy under Deep Decarbonization Pathways for California
WebEx is the CEC's online meeting service. When attending remotely, presentations will appear on your computer/laptop/mobile device screen and audio may be heard via the device or telephone. Please be aware that the WebEx meeting may be recorded. WebEx technical support is available at 1-866-229-3239.
Via Computer: Go to https://energy.webex.com/ec. Registration is required to join. If this event is listed, click "Join Event Now." If not, click "Home" on the top left of the screen and enter Event Number 922 254 715. Registration begins 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. On the right-hand side, click "Join Event Now," and enter your first name, last name, and a valid email address.
To pre-register for the event, click "Register" on the left-hand side of the event.
The "Join Conference" menu will offer you a choice of audio connections:
- To call into the meeting, select "I will call in" and follow the on-screen directions.
- To have WebEx call you, enter your phone number and click "Call Me." This step will not work if your number has an extension.
- For Internet audio: If you have a broadband connection, a headset, or a computer microphone and speakers, you may use VolP (Internet audio). Go to the audio menu and click "Use Computer Headset," then "Call Using Computer."
Event Number: 922 254 715
Via Telephone Only: (no visual presentation): Dial 1-866-469-3239 (toll-free in the U.S)
Via Mobile Device: Download the application from http://www.webex.com/products/web-conferencing/mobile.html.
Muting: We greatly appreciate your cooperation in reducing background noise on the audio connection by muting your line when you are not speaking. Mute your line rather than placing your phone on hold. Using WebEx, right click on your name in the panelists or attendees list and select "Mute." If you are only using a telephone connection, press "*6" once to mute and again to unmute.
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102