Tuesday, June 22, 2021
02:00 PM - 04:45 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to examine the equipment and technologies needed to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with California’s buildings. The workshop will also explore the current state of supply chains for low-carbon building equipment. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is the CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and also the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 and the recommendations from the California Department of Public Health to encourage physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in these executive orders.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on Tuesday, June 22, 2021, as follows:
- Session 1 at 9:00 a.m. : Scale of Building Decarbonization in California, Equipment, and Supply Chain
- Session 2 at 2:00 p.m. : Emerging Technologies and Solutions
Notice and Schedule
- Transcript of Session 2 - IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Building Decarbonization – Equipment, Technology, and Supply Chain
- Presentation - Decarbonization and Affordable Housing Betsy McGovern-Garcia, Real Estate Development Director, Self-Help Enterprises
- Presentation - Mutual Housing California develops, operates and advocates for sustainable housing Bryan Dove, Director of Asset Management, Mutual Housing California
- Presentation - Building Decarbonization in Residential Construction CR Herro, VP, Innovation, Meritage Homes
- Presentation - De Young Properties Brandon DeYoung, Executive Vice President, DeYoung Properties
- Presentation - California’s Investment in Clean Energy Innovation Yu Hou, CEC
- Presentation - Scaling Decarbonization Emerging Technologies on the path to building decarbonization Ram Narayanamurthy, Technical Executive and Program Lead, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Presentation - Heat Pump Clothes Dryers and Emerging Technologies Daniel Cronin, Program Manager, EnergyStar
- Presentation - Cooking with Electric Reducing your Carbon Footprint Andre Saldivar, Senior Engineer, Southern California Edison
- Presentation - Connected Home Jeff Morris, Senior Director State Government Relations Schneider Electric North America