Friday, September 10, 2021
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to discuss actions to improve the quality of installation of heating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and its role in achieving the state’s building decarbonization goals. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and Commissioner McAllister is also the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization and energy efficiency for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Order N-08-21 to continue to help California respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in this executive order.
The workshop will start at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Notice and Schedule
- Quality Installation of Heating and Air Conditioning Equipment
- Actions to Improve the Quality of Installation of HVAC Equipment 1.A Josh Dean, California Energy Alliance
- ROLE OF EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTORS IN INCREASING QUALIT Y INSTALLATION 1.B Alex Ayers, HARDI
- Building Permits Quality HVAC Installations 1.D Scott Blunk, SMUD
- Quality, Efficiency & Performance 2.A Mike MacFarland, Energy Docs Home Performance
- VIDEO ENABLED DIAGNOSTICS & MONITORING TECHNOLOGY FOR THE HVAC INDUSTRY 2.B Bob Wiseman, IHACI
- Approaches that Facilitate Quality Installation of Heat Pumps and HVAC Equipment 2.D Ron Davis, City of San Jose