Wednesday, June 29, 2022
10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Remote Access or In-PersonAdd to Calendar
The IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice Throughout CEC Efforts will reconvene at 1:45 PM rather than 1:30 PM.
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop for the public to help the CEC develop a framework to center equity and environmental justice (equity and environmental justice framework), to revisit the Energy Equity Indicators tool1 developed to identify areas to invest resources, and to explore approaches to ensure meaningful community engagement to achieve a clean energy future for all.
The workshop is part of the 2022 IEPR Update proceeding. Vice Chair Siva Gunda is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2022 IEPR Update. This will be a hybrid meeting, with multiple publicly accessible locations connected via teleconference. At least one commissioner will be at the primary physical location. A quorum of commissioners may participate by attending the meeting in-person at the additional location listed above, but no votes will be taken.
The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. Please note that the CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later than the posted end time depending on various factors.
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice Throughout CEC Efforts - Revised 6/23/2022
- Cronograma de la reunión Taller del Comisionado liderando la Actualización del Informe Integrado de Política De Energía - Revised 6/28/2022
- Workshop Schedule - Revised 6/28/2022
- PG&E Comments on Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice throughout CEC Efforts
- Environmental Defense Fund Comments
- Leadership Council for Justice and Accountability Comments - on June 29th 2022 IEPR Update Workshop in Salton Sea Region
- Introduction to IEPR and CEC's Focus on Energy Equity and Environmental Justice 2. Noemi Gallardo, CEC
- Introducción al IEPR y al enfoque de la CEC sobre la equidad energética y la justicia ambiental 2. Noemi Gallardo, CEC - Spanish
- SB 350 and Energy Equity Indicators 3. Hilary Poore, CEC
- Proyecto de Ley del Senado (SB) 350 e indicadores de equidad energética 3. Hilary Poore, CEC - Spanish
- Our Salton Sea Initiative 4. Syliva Paz-Chris Benner
- Iniciativa Nuestro mar Salton 4. Silvia Paz-Chris Brenner - Spanish
- Integrating the Promotora Community Transformational Model 5. Maria Lemus, Vision y Comopromiso
- Integrar el modelo de transformación de la comunidad Promotora 5. Maria Lemus, Vision y Comopromiso - Spanish