Wednesday, July 20, 2022
10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Remote Access or In-PersonAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop for the public to help the CEC explore approaches to ensure meaningful community engagement and develop a framework to center equity and environmental justice (equity and environmental justice framework). This workshop will focus on economic opportunity, including workforce development, to support the state’s transition to a clean energy future for all.
The workshop is part of the 2022 IEPR Update proceeding. Vice Chair Siva Gunda is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2022 IEPR Update. This will be a hybrid meeting consistent with Senate Bill 189 (Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review, Chapter 48, Statutes of 2022), with both a publicly accessible physical location and public access online or by phone through Zoom. A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. Please note that the CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later than the posted end time depending on various factors.
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice Throughout CEC Efforts - Revised 7/15/2022
- Aviso del Taller del Comisionado del IEPR sobre Centrar la Equidad y la Justicia Ambiental con los Esfuerzos de la CEC
- Workshop Schedule - Revised 7/19/2022
- Workshop Schedule (Spanish)
- Join the California Energy Commission (CEC) to influence state energy goals and policies that focus on energy equity and environment
- Únase a la Comisión de Energía de California (CEC) para influir en la definición de los objetivos y las políticas de energía de
- Transcript of IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice Throughout CEC Efforts on 7-20-2022
- Q&A Report from IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice Throughout CEC Efforts on 07-20-22
- Introduction to IEPR and CEC's Focus on Energy Equity and Environmental Justice - Noemi Gallardo
- Equitable Approaches to Clean Energy Workforce Development - Dave Teasdale and Linda Urata
- Equitable Approaches to Clean Energy Workforce Development - Dave Teasdale and Linda Urata (Spanish)
- SoCalGas Comments on the CEC IEPR Workshop on Centering Equity and Environmental Justice
- Jennifer Privett Comments - PG&E Comments to Workshop on Centering Equity and EJ Throughout CEC Efforts