Tuesday, August 30, 2022
10:00 AM - 02:45 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a staff workshop to discuss planned steps to implement a one-stop-shop informational website to help building owners, the construction industry, and local governments overcome barriers toward building electrification and installation of electric vehicle (EV) charging. A quorum of CEC commissioners may attend and participate in the scheduled program for the workshop, but no votes will be taken.
The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the instructions for remote attendance via Zoom below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted and the end time is an estimate based on the proposed agenda. The workshop may end sooner or later than the posted end time.
While this workshop focuses on technology options, tools, and resources, the CEC will accept comments on all aspects of this project.
Notice and Agenda
- Panel 1
- Building Electrification presented by Josie Gaillard and Tom Kabat, building electrification consultants
- Introduction to EV Charing Stations presented by Paul Nijssen, EVCharge4U
- Heat Pump Water Heaters in California presented by Joseph Wachunas, New Buildings Institute
- The Role of Electric Panels in Rapid, Affordable Home Decarbonization presented by Hannah Bruegmann, Build it Green
- Panel 2
- Tools and Resources, Examples for Local Governments presented by Karen Kristiansson, BayREN
- Equity Implications in Building Decarbonization presented by Shelly Lyser, The Public Advocates Office
- Building Electrification Tools and Resources presented by Erich Fleck, Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Building Decarbonization and Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Workshop presented by Dominic Lempereur, BlocPower