Tuesday, November 29, 2022
10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Remote or In-PersonAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host an informational hearing for commissioners to review and gather information regarding California’s petroleum fuels market, including recent gasoline price spikes and refinery operations as the industry reported record profits. Commissioners will consider and discuss conditions impacting recent trends and mitigation strategies to insulate consumers from price shocks as the state transitions away from fossil fuels.
This hearing is part of the 2022 IEPR Update proceeding. Vice Chair Siva Gunda is the CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2022 IEPR Update. A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The public can participate in the hearing consistent with the attendance instructions below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted and the end time is an estimate based on the proposed agenda. The hearing may end sooner or later than the posted end time.
Notice and Agenda
- 1 - 2022 Gasoline Spikes - Gordon Schremp
- 2A - Factors Leading to High California Gasoline Prices in 2022 - Ysbrand van der Werf
- 2B - Fuels Transition Study: Context, Considerations, and Timeline - Quentin Gee
- 3C - Catherine Reheis-Boyd, WSPA
- 3D - David Hackett, Stillwater Associates LLC
- 3E - Severin Borenstein, UC Berkeley
- 3F - Jamie Court, Consumer Watchdog