Wednesday, June 23, 2021
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Remote Access Only
To all interested parties:
Please join us for an upcoming Demand Analysis Working Group (DAWG) meeting: “AB 3232 and Fuel Substitution” on June 23, 2021 from 9am-12pm.
Stakeholders will be invited to make comments, provide input, and ask questions during the meeting, as well as submit informal written comments after the workshop. During the meeting, CEC Energy Assessments Division (EAD) Staff will discuss and solicit feedback on the following:
- Summary of the Fuel Substitution Scenario Analysis Tool (FSSAT) developed to support AB 3232 analysis as well as current and planned updates to its capabilities by Demand Analysis Office (DAO) Staff and Consultants
- Summary explaining the work Supply Analysis Office Staff completed in support of AB 3232 doing PLEXOS modeling
- Summary of DAO Staff work on electrification rate impacts
- DAO Staff efforts to introduce an electrification load modifier for the 2021 IEPR Demand Forecast
- Data needs as we explore expanding our analytical capabilities to provide these types of projections
This meeting will initiate technical discussions that will have ramifications beyond the narrow focus of the CEC’s traditional IEPR Electricity and Gas Demand Forecast. Thus, we request that you disseminate this meeting notice widely within your organization, such that the appropriate individuals engaged in the fuels substitution and electrification spaces are aware of the CEC’s new efforts in forecasting these activities and are able to provide their valuable input towards this work.
An agenda and materials will be posted in advance of the June 23 webinar workshop to the DAWG webpage: https://www.energy.ca.gov/programs-and-topics/topics/energy-assessment/demand-analysis-working-group-dawg.
The workshop will be held via webinar-only.
- DAWG Presentation - PPT
- DAWG Intro and AB3232-FSSAT Framework
- DAWG PLEXOS Modeling
- DAWG Rate Impacts