Tuesday, August 3, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop on identifying programs, resources, and policies needed to help industries accelerate decarbonization and meet statutory energy and environmental goals. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is the CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR) proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners from the CEC or the California Public Utilities Commission may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Order N-08-21 to continue to help California respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in this executive order.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 as follows:
Notice and Agenda
- IEPR Commissioner Workshop to Accelerate Industrial Decarbonization S1.1A Mark Sippola, CARB
- An Evaluation of the Potential for Deep Decarbonization in the Industrial Sector by 2050 S1.1B Elizabeth Dutrow, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- California Industrial Natural Gas Demand S1.1C Melissa Jones, CEC
- SB 350 and Industrial Decarbonization –Setting the Stage S1.1D Heriberto Rosales (Eddie), CEC
- Integrated Energy Policy Report Workshop –Accelerate Industrial Decarbonization S1.1E Virginia Lew CEC
- Industrial Decarbonization - Opportunities and Challenges S1.2A Bob Gemmer, U.S. Department of Energy
- New York State Industrial Sector S1.2B Patrick O’Shei, NYSERDA
- Southern California Edison Industrial Strategic Energy Management (SEM) ProgramS1.2C Derek Okada, Southern California Edison
- Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) Service in California S1.2D Ahmad R Ganji SFSU
- IIPE Industrial decarbonization(Opportunities and results) S1.2E Asfaw Beyene, San Diego State University