Friday, December 3, 2021
02:00 PM - 04:30 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to receive an update on the progress made by the CEC’s stakeholder working group process on supply-side demand response. (Supply-side demand response is the collection of customers who can reduce their electricity demand so that the combined demand reduction can participate in an electricity market).
Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is the CEC’s lead commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR), and Vice Chair Siva Gunda is the lead for the analysis of electric reliability, including expanding the role of demand response in supporting reliability for the 2021 IEPR proceeding. A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Assembly Bill 361 (Rivas, Chapter 165, Statutes of 2021) to improve and enhance public access to state agency meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic by allowing broader access through teleconferencing options. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time, and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later depending on various factors.
The workshop will be held in two sessions.
Notice and Agenda
- Panel 3 Stakeholder Working Group Process and Path Forward, Erik Lyon, CEC
- QC Methodology Proposals, Luke Tougas, CEDMC
- IOU Recommendations for DR Qualifying Capacity Methodology, Gil Wong, PG&E
- CAISO Comments - Supply Side Demand Response Workshop
- California Large Energy Consumers Association Comments - on December 3, 2021 Meeting
- SoCalGas Comments on the CEC IEPR Supply Side Demand Response Workshop
- CEDMC Comments on Dec 3 2021 CEC IEPR DR Workshop 12172021