- Docket Number
- 225 MW
- San Joaquin County
- Combined Cycle
- Project Status
- Operational (Natural Gas-Fired)
- Project Type
- Application for Certification
The Northern California Power Agency’s (NCPA) Lodi Energy Center (LEC) is located at 12745 Thornton Rd on land owned and incorporated by the city of Lodi, San Joaquin County.
LEC is a nominal 296-megawatt (MW), natural gas-fired, combined-cycle facility consisting of one natural gas-fired combustion turbine generator, one condensing steam turbine generator, a heat recovery steam generator, a condensing steam turbine generator, a natural gas-fired auxiliary boiler and a cooling tower.
LEC is adjacent to the City of Lodi's White Slough Water Pollution Control Facility (WPCF) to the east, treatment and holding ponds associated with the WPCF to the north, the existing 49 MW NCPA Combustion Turbine Project #2 (STIG Plant 2) to the west, and the San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control facility to the south.
On August 20, 2014, the California Energy Commission (CEC) approved a Post-Certification Amendment (TN 202964) to address a wastewater discharge permitting issue associated with the wastewater underground injection wells and discharge process. The CEC approved LEC’s backup method of process wastewater disposal (a cross-connect to the STIG wastewater tank and subsequent Wastewater Discharge Permit issued by the City) and the LEC injection well(s) can function as temporary backup for STIG wastewater disposal.
- Notice of Approval for Approval to Add Construction Laydown Areas, TN 57936, 08/12/2010, Staff approval of additional 9.4 acres for construction laydown areas including (1) 0.7 acres to the existing 3.1 acre laydown area; (2) 6.1 acre laydown area directly north of the Frontage Road entrance to the LEC project site; and (3) 2.6 acre laydown located west of the existing NCPA Combustion Turbine Project #2 switchyard.
- Notification of Determination for Approval of Modifications in Support of Gas Pipeline Construction, TN 62034, 08/30/2011, Staff approval to modify the alignment of a portion of the approved gas pipeline route; (2) shortening the overall length of the gas pipeline route; (3) moving the construction laydown area for the gas pipeline to a new location; and (4) increasing the width of the construction easement for the gas pipeline.
- Order Approving a Petition to Allow Increased Emissions During Startup and Other Ancillary Modifications, TN 200368, 08/28/2013, Order No. 13-0827-06, Commission approval of (1) increased CO emissions, (2) gas turbine combustor tuning, (3) establishing minimum temperatures for SCR, and (4) defining type of volumetric flow meter to be used.
- Notice of Determination for Approval to Address Wastewater Discharge Permitting Issue, TN 202964, 08/20/2014, Staff approval to address a wastewater discharge permitting issue associated with the wastewater underground injection wells and discharge process.
- Statement of Staff Approval to Add 2.323 Acres of Laydown Area, TN 233330, 06/04/2020, Staff approval to amend the LEC project description to include an additional 2.323 acres of laydown area adjacent to the LEC site.
Attention: Non-hypertext items above will need to be requested from the Compliance Project Manager, along with the document TN number, if provided above.
Power Plant Certification and Exemption Processes
As required by the Warren-Alquist Act, the Energy Commission monitors projects under its jurisdiction throughout construction, operation, and closure to ensure compliance with the conditions of certification imposed for approving the projects.