- Docket Number
- 160 MW
- Placer County
- Combined Cycle
- Project Status
- Operational (Natural Gas-Fired)
- Project Type
- Application for Certification
Roseville Energy Park (REP) is located in the City of Roseville, Placer County. REP is within the limits of the City of Roseville, adjacent to and north of the Pleasant Grove Waste Water Treatment Plant. The REP site is owned by the City of Roseville. Surrounding land uses currently include ranching (agricultural grazing) and rural residential.
The REP is a nominal 160-megawatt (MW) natural gas-fired, combined-cycle electrical generating facility consisting of two Siemens SGT-800 combustion turbine-generators (CTGs), two heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) with duct burners, selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and oxidation catalyst equipment to control NOx and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions, respectively, a single condensing steam turbine generator (STG), a de-aerating surface condenser, and a mechanical draft cooling tower using reclaimed water for cooling.
REP is rated at a nominal net generating capacity of 120 to 125 megawatts (MW), with the ability to peak-fire to 160 MW nominal during summer design conditions.
On March 24, 2021, California Energy Commission staff approved the installation of Siemens A+ turbine upgrade package (A+ Turbine Upgrade) for both combustion turbines, and addition of piezo-actuated valves for each burner to allow for a more stable combustion process and a more balanced combustion spread. The purpose of the A+ Turbine Upgrade was to increase the gross output of each turbine 2.5 MW.
- Order Approving a Petition to Modify the Amount of Habitat Compensation Required for Mitigation of Vernal Pool Ecosystem, TN 35449, 09/07/2005, Order No. 05-0824-02, Commission approval to modify the habitat compensation required for mitigation of the vernal pool ecosystem based on a chosen alternative natural gas pipeline route with fewer impacts to the vernal pools.
- Order Approving Amendment of Air Quality Conditions, TN 46028, Order No. 08-0423-02, Commission approval to amend Air Quality conditions of certification regarding offsets for the project's emissions of NOx.
- Notice of Determination for Approval of the Removal of the Existing Remedial Action Scheme, TN 60378, 04/22/2011, Staff approval to remove the existing transmission remedial action scheme as it is no longer necessary.
- Notice of Determination for Approval of Modification to Air Quality Conditions of Certification, TN 213762, 09/22/2016, Staff approval to modify Air Quality conditions of certification pursuant to AQ-SC9 to refer to the combustion turbines as Siemens SGT800 turbines, rather than Alstom GX100 turbines and other changes.
- Notice of Determination for Approval of Replacing Existing Ladder and Cage Access, TN 220856, 08/22/2017, Staff approval to replace existing ladder/cage access on belt press structure with staircase; build extension of existing catwalk to combustion turbine #2, and addition of five reinforced cement pads at various locations throughout the facility.
- Statement of Staff Approval of Proposed Change to Upgrade Turbines, TN 237122, 03/10/2021, Staff approval Siemens A+ turbine upgrade package to both combustion turbines.
Attention: Non-hypertext items above will need to be requested from the Compliance Project Manager, along with the document TN number, if provided above.
Power Plant Certification and Exemption Processes
As required by the Warren-Alquist Act, the Energy Commission monitors projects under its jurisdiction throughout construction, operation, and closure to ensure compliance with the conditions of certification imposed for approving the projects.