A water heating system typically provides hot water for uses such as bathing, cleaning, cooking, and space heating. Common water heating systems include gas, electric, tank, and tankless designs, along with the controls, piping, and insulation required to feed hot water to the intended location. When installed, these systems must comply with the Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Energy Standards). This ensures energy savings for the building owner.
- 2013 Water Heater Efficiency Guide (Residential and Nonresidential) - PDF
- Residential - Plans Examiner Checklist - Performance Method, Mechanical - 2013 - Link to Energy Code Ace document
- Residential Domestic Hot Water (DHW) 2013 - Link to Energy Code Ace document
- Quick Reference Sheet: Residential HERS Measures 2013 - Link to Energy Code Ace document
- Nonresidential - Plans Examiner Checklist - Prescriptive Method, Mechanical - 2013 - Link to Energy Code Ace document
- Quick Reference Sheet: Nonresidential HERS Measures 2013 - Link to Energy Code Ace document