Tuesday, October 4, 2022
09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC), Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), Southern California Edison Company (SCE), and San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E) will host a one-day hybrid symposium to explore the latest technology and policy innovations that can enable California to:
- Expand the use of renewable energy.
- Build a safe and resilient electricity system.
- Advance electric technologies for buildings, businesses, and transportation.
- Enable a more reliable and decentralized electric grid.
- Improve the affordability and health of California’s communities.
- Support California’s local economies and businesses.
To learn more about EPIC projects, please visit the EPIC database, a comprehensive resource providing information for all EPIC-administered projects since inception of the program.
The EPIC Symposium is part of the CEC’s administration of the Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC). EPIC invests approximately $130 million annually in new technology breakthroughs to transform the electricity sector to meet California’s energy and climate policy goals and bring increased benefits to electric ratepayers of the state’s three largest investor-owned utilities – PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E.
A quorum of commissioners from the CEC, California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), and members of the Disadvantaged Communities Advisory Group (DACAG) may participate, but no votes will be taken. The symposium will be held both in-person and remotely, consistent with Assembly Bill 361 (Rivas, Chapter 165, Statutes of 2021) to improve and enhance public access to state agency meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic by allowing broader access through teleconferencing options. The public can participate in the event consistent with the direction provided below. Please note that the CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The event may end sooner or later than the posted end time depending on various factors.
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of Joint Symposium Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC)
- EPIC Symposium Agenda. Revised 10/3/2022