The California Energy Commission (CEC) invites Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) recipients to submit a short video highlighting their clean energy technologies and innovative products. Selected videos will be screened at the 2022 EPIC Symposium to demonstrate how EPIC investments are helping catalyze a decarbonized, safe, resilient, affordable, and equitable energy system for California’s future. Additional videos may be featured on the event's virtual platform.
Who is Eligible?
Technology developers who have received an EPIC-funded award or support services through an EPIC awardee, to develop or demonstrate clean energy technologies, are eligible to apply. This includes prime recipients and subcontractors of active or completed projects with positive results or successful demonstrations. EPIC projects that have been terminated, cancelled, or otherwise are experiencing compliance issues are ineligible to participate.
What To Do:
- Read the language below, as well as the Video Release Terms and Conditions contained in the APPLICATION FORM and determine how best to present your product or innovation.
- Create a brief video highlighting your product or innovation and adhering to the video content and format specifications provided below.
- Complete and sign an APPLICATION FORM (link below)
- Upload video files to WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox or another file sharing platform and send the access link along with the completed APPLICATION FORM to EPICvideosubmissions@energy.ca.gov.
- Include EPIC project number and a brief description of the video
Videos are intended to showcase technology solutions and scientific practices that are being developed and demonstrated through the EPIC Program to decarbonize California’s electricity sector in a safe, affordable, and equitable manner.
- Describe what is innovative and exciting about the technology and successful progress made to date.
- Discuss the role EPIC funding played in advancing the technology.
- Describe its beneficial impacts to California and its electric ratepayers.
- Include testimonials from at least 1-2 potential end-use customers or external entities on the value of the project.
Length and Format
- Videos should not be longer than two (2) minutes.
- Use of tripod and DSLR is strongly encouraged. Newer smartphones with HD or 4K video, is okay.
- The video file size should be kept at or under 200 MB for a quicker upload/encoding time. No submission larger than 800 MB will be accepted.
- Videos may be submitted as MP4 or MOV, 1080p HD resolution preferred.
- Consider using a microphone for enhanced audio.
- Submissions are limited to one entry per EPIC project.
- Applicants must submit a completed APPLICATION FORM with their video.
- Applicants must include a signature from an authorized representative of their organization (aged 18 years or older).
- Applicants must obtain prior written consent of any person who appears in, is mentioned in, or otherwise contributed to the applicant’s video (including the videographer) granting the applicant the right to include them in the video for possible inclusion in the 2022 EPIC Symposium.
- The applicant must agree to allow the CEC to use or alter then video for future EPIC-related events and marketing materials.
Videos will be evaluated on originality, content, videography, audio quality, and style. Videos that do not adhere to the two-minute timeframe may be disqualified.
Application Deadline (Extended)
A completed APPLICATION FORM and video must be received by 5:00 p.m. PST on September 16, 2022. Selected applicants will be notified the week of September 19.
APPLICATION FORM Link:
2022 EPIC Symposium Video Showcase - Application
Please contact Adam Gottlieb at EPICvideosubmissions@energy.ca.gov with your questions.