Friday, March 27, 2020
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
California Energy Commission (CEC) staff will conduct a workshop to request comments on its upcoming design-build competition titled The Next EPIC Challenge: Reimagining Affordable Mixed-Use Development in a Carbon-Constrained Future. The CEC will provide up to $48 million to challenge multi-disciplinary project teams to design and build a mixed-use development that is affordable, equitable, and emissions-free.
Consistent with the recommendations from California Department of Public Health to encourage social distancing in order to slow the spread of COVID-19, the CEC has converted this workshop to be an online webinar only.
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of Staff Webinar - Updated
- The Next EPIC Challenge: Reimagining Affordable, Mixed-Use Development in a Carbon Constrained Future
Remote Attendance Only
WebEx is the CEC’s online meeting service. When attending remotely, presentations will appear on your computer/laptop/mobile device screen and audio may be heard via the device or telephone. Please be aware that the WebEx meeting may be recorded. WebEx technical support is available at 1-866-229-3239.
Via Computer: Go to https://energy.webex.com/ec. If this event is listed, click “Join.” If not, click the “Home” tab on the top left of your screen and enter Event Number
492 917 035. When prompted, enter your name and email address. Event Password is NextEPIC@123.
The “Join Conference” menu offers a choice of audio connections:
- To call into the meeting, select "I will call in" and follow the on-screen directions.
- International attendees, select "Global call-in number."
- To have WebEx call you, enter your phone number and click “Call Me.”
This step will not work if your number has an extension.
- For Internet audio: If you have a broadband connection, a headset, or a computer microphone and speakers, you may use VolP (Internet audio). Go to the audio menu and click “Use Computer Headset,” then “Call Using Computer.”
Via Telephone: (no visual presentation): Call 1-866-469-3239 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada) and when prompted, enter the meeting number above. International callers may select a number from global calling information for Webex.
Via Mobile Device: Download the application from Webex mobile web conferencing.
Muting: We greatly appreciate your cooperation in reducing background noise on the audio connection by muting your line when you are not speaking. Mute your line rather than placing your phone on hold. Using WebEx, right click on your name in the panelists or attendees list and select “Mute.” If you are using a telephone connection, press “*6” once to mute and again to unmute.
California Energy Commission