Thursday, August 26, 2021
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to discuss the role of embodied carbon and refrigerants as California decarbonizes its buildings. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and is the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization and energy efficiency for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Order N-08-21 to continue to help California respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in this executive order.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
- 9:30 a.m. Session 1: Embodied Carbon
- 2:00 p.m. Session 2: Refrigerants
Notice and Schedule
- Session 1 - IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Building Decarbonization: Embodied Carbon and Refrigerants – Embodied Carbon
- Danish Experiences on the Possibilities for Reducing Whole-Life Carbon In Buildings S1.2A_Harpa Birgisdottir_Danish Building Institute
- Buy Clean California Act S1.2B_Daniel Garza_CA Dept of General Services
- Build Beyond Zero S1.2C_Bruce King_Ecological Building Network
- Embodied Carbon Policy Strategies S1.2D_Kate Simonen_Carbon Leaderhip Forum
- Contractor Embodied Carbon Reductions S1.2E REVISED Emi LaFountain, Turner Construction
- Why is embodied carbon in existing buildings important S1.2F_Henry Siegel_Siegel and Strain Architects