Thursday, August 26, 2021
02:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to discuss the role of embodied carbon and refrigerants as California decarbonizes its buildings. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and is the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization and energy efficiency for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Executive Order N-08-21 to continue to help California respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction in this executive order.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
- 9:30 a.m. Session 1: Embodied Carbon
- 2:00 p.m. Session 2: Refrigerants
Notice and Schedule
- California - HFC Refrigerant Policy & Regulations S2.3A_Aanchal Kohli_CARB
- HFC Refrigerants in the AB 3232 California Building Decarbonization Assessment S2.3B REVISED-2 Nicholas Janusch, CEC.
- CPUC Refrigerant Policy Developments S2.3C_Christina Torok_CPUC_Refrigerants
- IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Building Decarbonization Embodied Carbon and Refrigerants Reducing Hydrofluorocarb S2.4A_Helen Walter-Terrinoni_AHRI
- Benefits and Challenges in Deployment of Low GWP A3 (Flammable) Refrigerants in Residential Air Conditioning Equi S2.4B REVISED Max Wei, LBNL
- Rheem S2.4C_Ankur Maheshwari_Rheem
- Energy Commission Workshop on Refrigerants & Building Decarbonization S2.4D_Alex Hillbrand_NRDC
- Yosemite Foods S2.4E_Michael Lau_Yosemite Foods