Tuesday, October 5, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to explore how grid-interactive efficient buildings (GEBs) will further California’s decarbonization goals. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization and energy efficiency for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Assembly Bill 361 (Rivas, Chapter 165, Statutes of 2021) to improve and enhance public access to state and local agency meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic and future emergencies by allowing broader access through teleconferencing options. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. Please note that the CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later depending on various factors.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on October 5, 2021.
Notice and Agenda
- A National (and California) Roadmap for GEBs S1.1 David Nemtzow, US DOE
- Grid Interactive Efficient Buildings Technology, a Case Study and the Demand Response Potential Study S1.2A Mary Ann Piette, LBNL
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings S1.2B Javier Mariscal, SCE
- CEC - IEPR Building Decarbonization Workshop S1.2C Carmen Best, Recurve
- GEB Capabilities for Community Equity and Resilience Value S1.2D Carl Linvill, The Regulatory Assistance Project
- Determining the Value of Demand Flexibility in Utility Planning S1.2E Natalie Mims Frick, LBNL
- The Value of Grid interactive Efficient Buildings S1.2F Brett Webster, RMI
- NASEO's Comments
- Wringing More Value Monetizing DF Feb 2021
- NASEO BldgPolicies EE and DF Feb 2021