Tuesday, October 5, 2021
02:00 PM - 04:30 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to explore how grid-interactive efficient buildings (GEBs) will further California’s decarbonization goals. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and the lead for the analysis of building decarbonization and energy efficiency for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Assembly Bill 361 (Rivas, Chapter 165, Statutes of 2021) to improve and enhance public access to state and local agency meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic and future emergencies by allowing broader access through teleconferencing options. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. Please note that the CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later depending on various factors.
The workshop will be held in two sessions on October 5, 2021.
Notice and Agenda
- Transcript - 100521 IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings - Session 2 of 2 Load Flexibility
- 2021 IEPR Commissioner Workshop on Grid Interactive Efficient Buildings Load Flexibility Demand Response Policies S2.3A Maryam Mozafari, CPUC
- Load Flexibility Programs and Policies S2.3B Gabriel Taylor, CEC
- Decarbonization through Customer Engagement S2.4A Angela Amos, Uplight
- Scaling Up Building Flexibility Through Energy Savings Performance Contracts S2.4B Clay Nesler, WRI
- Valuing and Incentivizing Demand Flexibility as a Grid Asset S2.4C Margot Everett and Rois Langner, NREL
- Grid-Interactive Buildings - Opportunities in the State of Washington S2.4D Liz Reichart, WA Dept of Commerce
- What’s Needed To Scale Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings S2.4E Tamara Dzubay, ecobee
- I'm in Control comments on smaller commercial buildings
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) Comments
- NASEO's Comments
- Wringing More Value Monetizing DF Feb 2021
- NASEO BldgPolicies EE and DF Feb 2021