Tuesday, April 11, 2023
09:30 AM - 03:00 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a remote-access workshop to discuss implementation of its new Industrial Decarbonization and Improvements to Grid Operations (INDIGO) Program, created under Assembly Bill (AB) 209 (The Energy and Climate Change budget bill, Chapter 251, enacted in September 2022) . This new program will contribute to economy-wide decarbonization by providing opportunities to industries that can benefit the electrical grid, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, achieve the state’s clean energy goals, and reduce air pollution in under-resourced communities. The staff workshop will discuss proposed program scope and project eligibility, requirements, and considerations. Additionally, stakeholders and members of the public will have the opportunity to provide feedback during the workshop and via written comment.
The workshop will be held remotely. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the attendance instructions below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted, and the end time is an estimate based on the expected agenda. The workshop may end sooner or later than the posted end time.
Notice and Agenda
- Staff Workshop on Implementation of the Industrial Decarbonization and Improvements to Grid Operations Program
- IAC Experience in Industrial Plants - Ahmad R. Ganji
- DOE Resources to Improve Energy Efficiency and Competitiveness - Thomas Wenning
- California Air Resources Board: Industrial Decarbonization - Mark Sippola
- Industrial Decarbonization - Kelly Kissock
- UCI SMART Industrial Assessment Center - G.P. Li
- Industrial Decarbonization, Experiences and Visions from Denmark - Fabian Buhler
- Industrial Efficiency and Decarbonization Office - Emmeline Kao