Tuesday, July 18, 2023
10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Remote Access OnlyAdd to Calendar
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a staff workshop to identify research needs to advance the use of virtual power plant (VPP) approaches for increased demand flexibility. The workshop will specifically focus on community-owned VPP models and include a panel session with presentations from industry representatives such as load-serving entities and their technology service providers. Input received will be used to inform the development of future solicitations related to the Electric Program Investment Charge 2021-2025 Investment Plan (EPIC 4 Investment Plan).
The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the attendance instructions below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time posted, and the end time is an estimate based on the proposed agenda. The workshop may end sooner or later than the posted end time.
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of Workshop on Virtual Power Plants and Demand Flexibility: Identifying R&D Needs
- Meeting Schedule Virtual Power Plants & Demand Flexibility - Revised 7/5/2023
- EPIC Workshop on Virtual Power Plants and Demand Flexibility: Identifying R&D Needs
- Panel-1 Technology Provider Perspectives
- Panel-2 Load Serving Entity Perspectives