This more granular analysis will help support the state’s policy goals including setting, assessing, and advancing the energy efficiency goals in Senate Bill 350 (De León, Chapter 547, Statutes of 2015).
(shown in reverse chronological order)
- October 27, 2020: A pre-rulemaking Commissioner Workshop on Title 20 Data Collection Regulations to Support New Analytical Needs – Phase 2 was conducted. At the workshop, staff provided proposed language (part 1 and part 2) and an initial justification. Presentations can be found on the event page for the workshop.
- June 14, 2018: Docket Number 16-OIR-03 was closed. Docket Number 18-OIR-01 was opened to support a second phase of energy data collection rulemaking.
- May 29, 2018: The Office of Administrative Law (OAL) approved the regulatory action to collect additional information, which entails more granular electricity data, new natural gas hydraulic modeling data, and corrections to existing regulations. The regulations took effect July 1, 2018. The Notice of OAL Approval of Regulatory Action and the final express terms were docketed under Docket Number 16-OIR-03.
- August 4, 2017: The initial statement of reasons and notice of proposed action were posted part of the first phase of data collection proceedings.
- April 7, 2017: A bifurcation memorandum that discusses staff’s plan to separate data collection needs into phases was docketed.
- September 23: 2016: The Draft Title 20 Data Collection Regulations was posted.
- July 20, 2016: Docket Number 16-OIR-03 to support increased data collection was opened.