- Public School Districts
- Charter Schools
- County Offices of Education
- State Special Schools
Applicants must apply in only one of the 12 application categories. Only one application per local educational agency is allowed. More information is in the program opportunity notice for PON 18-101.
Projects with proven energy or demand cost savings or both are eligible. Examples of projects include:
- Lighting system upgrades.
- Pumps and motors.
- Streetlights and LED traffic signals.
- Energy management systems and equipment controls.
- Building insulation.
- Energy generation including renewable and combined-heat-and-power projects.
- Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning equipment.
- Water and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Load-shifting projects, such as thermal energy storage.
Energy efficiency projects must be technically and economically feasible. More information is in the program opportunity notice for PON 18-101.