The Energy Commission and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) established interagency agreements to help the CPUC accelerate transmission infrastructure permitting. The Energy Commission staff performs technical assessments and California Environmental Quality Act-required environmental review for CPUC infrastructure projects.
Under the agreement, the Energy Commission will also be involved in special projects to study, assess, and plan transmission infrastructure and will provide data-related and geographic information system assistance
The links below are to maps that depicts the approximate locations of renewable generation projects 1 megawatt and larger throughout California under permitting review or in some stage of construction. The map also includes existing and approved transmission lines greater than 110 kilovolts.
The California Independent System Operator, the Imperial Irrigation District, and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power identified the approved transmission projects to provide sufficient capacity to interconnect renewable generation.
- Renewable Energy Projects in Development - PDF
- KMZ File for use with Google Earth
- GIS shape files (zipped file)
- Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative 2.0 Plenary Report - PDF
- Environmental and Land-Use Information to Support the Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative - PDF
- RETI 2.0 Western States Outreach Project Report - PDF
- Transmission Capability and Requirements Report - PDF
- California Independent System Operator Transmission Plan
- Western Electric Coordinating Council
- California Public Utilities Commission
- Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan