The Petroleum Industry Information Reporting Act (PIIRA) requires all retail fueling stations operating in California to file an annual report each year. The California Retail Fuel Outlet Annual Report (CEC-A15) form is used by the California Energy Commission (Energy Commission) to collect the required retail sales information.
Who needs to file this report?
A report must be filed for any location which sells fuel (including, but not limited to, gasoline, diesel, E-85, biodiesel and LNG). This includes:
- Service stations, including lessees, independent and unbranded station owners
- Convenience stores which sell fuel
- Hypermarts and grocery stores which sell fuel
- Cardlock facilities which have retail sales to end users
- Truck stops
- Any other type of outlet which sells fuel to retail level consumers
Note: A separate report must be filed for each retail fuel location.
The CEC-A15 form is available in either Microsoft Excel (.xls) or Adobe PDF format below, along with instructions on filling out the form. For more information regarding the CEC-A15, please contact one of the following Commission staff members: