Thursday, December 2, 2021
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Remote Access Only
The California Energy Commission (CEC) will host a workshop to present results for California’s electricity and natural gas demand forecast for 2021–2035. Commissioner J. Andrew McAllister is the CEC’s Lead Commissioner for the 2021 Integrated Energy Policy Report (2021 IEPR) and Vice Chair Siva Gunda is the lead for the analysis of energy demand for the 2021 IEPR proceeding.
A quorum of commissioners may participate, but no votes will be taken.
The workshop will be held remotely, consistent with Assembly Bill 361 (Rivas, Chapter 165, Statutes of 2021), to improve and enhance public access to state agency meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic by allowing broader access through teleconferencing options. The public can participate in the workshop consistent with the direction provided below. The CEC aims to begin promptly at the start time, and the end time is an estimate based on the agenda proposed. The workshop may end sooner or later, depending on various factors.
The workshop will be held in two sessions Thursday, December 2, 2021, as follows:
- 10:00 a.m. Session 1: Additional Achievable Energy Efficiency and Fuel Substitution Forecast Results
- 2:00 p.m. Session 2: Transportation Forecast and Demand Scenarios Project
Notice and Agenda
- Notice of IEPR Commissioner Workshop on the Electricity and Natural Gas Demand Forecast for 2021–2035
- Updated Agenda - IEPR Commissioner Workshop on the Electricity and Natural Gas Demand Forecast for 2021–2035
- Meeting Schedule - IEPR Commissioner Workshop on the Electricity and Natural Gas Demand Forecast for 2021–2035
- Presentation - California Energy Demand Forecast Introduction 1. Heidi Javanbakht
- Presentation - Additional Achievable Energy Efficiency & Fuel Substitution 2. Ingrid Neumann