- Solicitation Type
- Grant Funding Opportunity
- Solicitation Number
- Solicitation Status
Siting, Transmission, and Environmental Protection
- Tribal Research Grant Program
- Release Date
- Submission Deadline
- Questions Deadline
The purpose of this solicitation is to provide funding for tribes, tribal organizations, and tribal-serving non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to conduct tribally-led climate change research, assessments, and similar projects deemed a priority by the applying tribe. Senate Bill 170 (Skinner, Chapter 240, Statutes of 2021) appropriated $3.625 million in grant funds for the California Energy Commission (CEC) to administer pursuant to this purpose.
This solicitation is also accepting mail-in applications, so we have two methods for submission. The deadline is 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) for both GSS and mail-in submissions.
- Pre-Application Workshop Presentation (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Attendee List (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Workshop Event Recording (See Event Page)