The roles and responsibilities of the Office of Governmental Affairs include:
- Providing analyses and recommended positions on bills affecting the Energy Commission to the California Natural Resources Agency and the Governor's Office.
- Preparing enrolled bill reports for the Governor on measures passed by the Legislature, recommending signature or veto.
- Monitoring policy issues of interest to the Energy Commission and working with legislative members, staff, and other key stakeholders to ensure that the Energy Commission's views are understood and considered by policy makers.
- Coordinating the development of Energy Commission-sponsored legislation and seeking authors for approved proposals.
- Reviewing and answering questions from the Legislature on various energy issues.
Barry Steinhart, Assistant Executive Director of the Office of Governmental Affairs
Richard Rojas, Legislative Manager
Colin Hendricks, Legislative Analyst
Fritz Foo, Legislative Analyst
Gretchen Kocinsky, Legislative Assistant