The CalSHAPE Ventilation and Plumbing Programs will begin accepting applications for Funding Round Three on June 21, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. for a priority application period and on August 2, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. for all sites. The application deadline for both programs is October 31, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
Notices of Funding Availability for each program, which provide information the priority application period, eligibility, and available funding, can be found under the “Ventilation Program” and “Plumbing Program” expandable menus below.
Applications are submitted electronically using the CalSHAPE Online System. An access link, instructions, and a video training can be found by clicking on the “Online System” expandable menu below.
The California Energy Commission was authorized by Assembly Bill (AB) 841 (Chapter 372, Statutes of 2020) to design, administer, and implement the California Schools Healthy Air, Plumbing, and Efficiency Program (CalSHAPE). CalSHAPE includes two grant programs, CalSHAPE Plumbing and CalSHAPE Ventilation, for eligible parties within the service territories of the large electric and natural gas utilities in California.
The CalSHAPE Plumbing Program provides grants to local educational agencies and state agencies to replace noncompliant plumbing fixtures and appliances that fail to meet water efficiency standards. CalSHAPE Plumbing Program prioritizes investments in schools in underserved communities.
- Plumbing Program Commission Guidelines. Adopted June 8, 2022.
- Notice of Funding Availability for Funding Round Three of the CalSHAPE Plumbing Program
- Plumbing Application Video Tutorial - Zoom
- Plumbing Application Tutorial Slides
- Plumbing Program Application Instructions Companion Document
- Plumbing Program Incurred Cost Companion Document
The CalSHAPE Ventilation Program provides funding to local educational agencies for the reasonable costs of HVAC assessment, general maintenance and adjustment, filter replacement, and carbon dioxide monitor installation including certain repairs, replacements and other improvements to HVAC systems. CalSHAPE Ventilation prioritizes investments in facilities in underserved communities and those located near freeways or industrial facilities.
- Ventilation Program Commission Guidelines. Adopted June 8, 2022.
- Notice of Funding Availability for Funding Round Three of the CalSHAPE Ventilation Program
HVAC Assessment Worksheets
- HVAC Assessment and Maintenance Pathway
- Limited or No Mechanical Ventilation Pathway
- Scheduled for Replacement Pathway
- Ventilation Application Video Tutorial - Zoom
- Ventilation Application Tutorial Slides
- Ventilation Program Application Instructions Companion Document
The CEC issues a notice of proposed award (NOPA) to an LEA following approval of a grant application. The NOPA Grant List provides a list of LEAs that have received a NOPA for a CalSHAPE Ventilation Program and/or CalSHAPE Plumbing Program grant and the award amounts. The list will be updated monthly.
- CalSHAPE Program NOPA Grant List (Updated 6/6/2022)