The CalSHAPE Ventilation and Plumbing Programs are now accepting applications. Applications are submitted electronically using the CalSHAPE Online System. Notices of funding availability and application instructions for both programs can be found by clicking on the “Ventilation Program” or “Plumbing Program” expandable menus below.
The California Energy Commission was authorized by Assembly Bill (AB) 841 (Chapter 372, Statutes of 2020) to design, administer, and implement the California Schools Healthy Air, Plumbing, and Efficiency Program (CalSHAPE). CalSHAPE includes two grant programs, CalSHAPE Plumbing and CalSHAPE Ventilation, for eligible parties within the service territories of the large electric and natural gas utilities in California.
The CalSHAPE Plumbing Program provides grants to local educational agencies and state agencies to replace noncompliant plumbing fixtures and appliances that fail to meet water efficiency standards. CalSHAPE Plumbing Program prioritizes investments in schools in underserved communities.
- Notice of Funding Availability for Funding Round One of the CalSHAPE Plumbing Program
- Plumbing Program - Revised Commission Guidelines (Adopted August 11, 2021)
- Plumbing Application Video Tutorial - Zoom
- Plumbing Application Tutorial Slides
- Plumbing Program Application Instructions Companion Document
The CalSHAPE Ventilation Program provides funding to local educational agencies for the reasonable costs of HVAC assessment, general maintenance and adjustment, filter replacement, and carbon dioxide monitor installation including certain repairs, replacements and other improvements to HVAC systems. CalSHAPE Ventilation prioritizes investments in facilities in underserved communities and those located near freeways or industrial facilities.
- Notice of Funding Availability for Funding Round One of the CalSHAPE Ventilation Program
- CalSHAPE Ventilation Program - Revised Commission Guidelines (Adopted August 11, 2021)
HVAC Assessment Worksheets
- HVAC Assessment and Maintenance Pathway
- Limited or No Mechanical Ventilation Pathway
- Scheduled for Replacement Pathway
- Ventilation Application Video Tutorial - Zoom
- Ventilation Application Tutorial Slides
- Ventilation Program Application Instructions Companion Document