CalSHAPE Ventilation Program Guidelines will be considered for adoption at the June 25th CEC Business Meeting.
CalSHAPE Plumbing Program Guidelines were adopted by the CEC at the June 9th Business Meeting.
Account registration is now available in the CalSHAPE Online System. An access link, instructions, and a video training are available below.
Applications for the Ventilation and Plumbing Programs will be accepted following the release of notices of funding availability.
The California Energy Commission was authorized by Assembly Bill (AB) 841 (Chapter 372, Statutes of 2020) to design, administer, and implement the California Schools Healthy Air, Plumbing, and Efficiency Program (CalSHAPE). CalSHAPE includes two new grant programs for eligible parties within the service territories of the large electric and natural gas utilities in California.
The CalSHAPE Ventilation Program will provide funding to local educational agencies for the reasonable costs of HVAC assessment, general maintenance and adjustment, filter replacement, and carbon dioxide monitor installation as well as certain repairs, replacements and other improvements to HVAC systems. CalSHAPE Ventilation will prioritize investments in facilities in underserved communities and those near freeways or industrial facilities.
The CalSHAPE Plumbing Program will provide grants to local educational agencies and state agencies to replace noncompliant plumbing fixtures and appliances that fail to meet water efficiency standards again prioritizing funding for underserved communities.
- June 9, 2021 - Notice to Consider Adoption of the CalSHAPE Program Guidelines
- May 28, 2021 - Notice to Consider Adoption of Draft Commission Guidelines for the CalSHAPE Programs
- March 26, 2021 - Notice of Availability and Request for Comments on Revised Staff Draft Guidelines for School Noncompliant Plumbing Fixture and Appliance Program
Comments Due: April 2, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- March 19, 2021 - Notice of Availability and Request for Comments on Revised Staff Draft Guidelines for School Reopening Ventilation and Energy Efficiency Verification and Repair Program
Comments Due: March 26, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- January 22, 2021 - Notice of Staff Workshop - School Energy Efficiency Stimulus Program
- CalSHAPE Ventilation Program
- CalSHAPE Plumbing Program