The Energy Commission’s Clean Transportation Program, formerly known as the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program, supports innovations in a broad portfolio of transportation and fuel technologies that help California meet its energy, clean air, and climate change goals.
The program invests up to $100 million annually, leveraging public and private investments to accelerate the development of clean, efficient, low-carbon technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and petroleum dependence.
Each year, the Energy Commission prepares an investment plan for the program to determine funding priorities and opportunities. The investment plan guides the allocation of program funding for transportation solicitations for the upcoming fiscal year.
- 2020- 2021 Investment Plan Update Proceeding (Docket 19-ALT-01)
- 2019-2020 Investment Plan Proceeding (Docket # 18-ALT-01)
- 2018-2019 Investment Plan Update (Docket # 17-ALT-01)
- 2017-2018 Investment Plan Update (Docket # 16-ALT-02)
- 2016-2017 Alternative Fuels Investment Plan (Docket # 15-ALT-01)
- 2015-2016 Alternative Fuels Investment Plan (Docket # 14-ALT-01)