The Energy Commission has extended the reservation deadline to March 31, 2021, for projects with original expiration dates from October 1, 2019, through December 31, 2020. Please see the “Limited Program Time Extension” section below for details.
The NSHP program was created as part of a statewide solar incentive program called the California Solar Initiative (CSI). Launched in January 2007, the NSHP program is the California Energy Commission’s (CEC) component of the CSI to provide incentives for the integration of solar energy systems in new home construction in investor-owned utility (IOU) territories. The NSHP Program is no longer accepting new reservations for solar incentives but continue to complete payment of claims submitted. Please see the “Program Deadlines” section below for details.
The information provided on this page has been migrated from GoSolarCalifornia.org.
- By CEC resolution adopted in December 2020, the reservation expiration dates for all NSHP reservations that expired or will expire from October 1, 2019, through December 31, 2020, have been extended to March 31, 2021. To receive payment, a complete NSHP payment claim package for such projects must be received no later than March 31, 2021, and must still adhere to all other requirements in the NSHP Guidebook. With this change, and in light of the deadlines established to meet the deadline for NSHP payments to be made by December 31, 2021, the limited extension of reservations previously provided in the NSHP Guidebook, are no longer needed. All projects now have an expiration date consistent with the last day by which payment claims must be submitted.
- If you intend to submit a payment claim application for an expired project impacted by this resolution, please email the Renewable Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Project and Site ID, and indicate you wish to unlock the site. Our staff will review your site for eligibility and respond to your request when it is updated in the program web portal at www.newsolarhomes.org. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Renewable Call Center using the contact information displayed at the top of this webpage.
- The New Solar Homes Partnership (NSHP) program is no longer accepting applications for new reservations.
- The payment claim submittal deadline is project-specific as shown in the project application portal, and all incomplete submittals after August 31, 2021, will be disapproved.
The NSHP guidebooks detail the eligibility requirements, rules, and processes for reserving and claiming an incentive through the NSHP program. The following guidebooks are different versions released by the NSHP program in prior years.
- NSHP Resolution – Extension of Reservations: On December 9, 2020, the Energy Commission adopted a resolution to the NSHP Guidebook 11th Edition, to extend applicable expired reservations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All NSHP reservations that expired from October 1, 2019, through December 31, 2020, have their reservation dates extended to March 31, 2021. This resolution is an addendum to the NSHP Guidebook 11th Edition.
- NSHP Guidebook 11th Edition: Most current version of the NSHP Guidebook was effective as of October 11, 2017. This guidebook revision provides updates to the NSHP program areas pertaining to: Participation Deadlines, Incentive Levels, Incentive Calculation, Energy Efficiency and PV verification requirements, and change to Affordable Housing and Multifamily requirements.
- NSHP Guidebook 10th Edition Revised: This version of the NSHP Guidebook was effective as of May 10, 2017. This guidebook revision provides updates to the NSHP program areas pertaining to: Incentive Levels, Incentive Calculation, Incentive Disclosure Requirements, Energy Efficiency and PV verification requirements, PV System Eligibility, Established Installer Process Updates, and Affordable Housing Requirements.
The Flexible Installation (FI) Calculator forecasts the performance of proposed rooftop PV systems applying to the NSHP. The production forecasts aid the calculation of incentive amounts to be received by applicants and must be used for NSHP projects subject to the 10th and 11th Editions of the NSHP Guidebook.
- Version 2.1 Installation - MSI
- Flexible Installation Calculator User Guide - PDF
- Module/Inverter and Climate Zone Update for FI Calculator - XLSM
Equipment Library Version: Jan-20
- PC platform with MS Windows OS (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Microsoft Excel (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016)
- Run the MSI installer and follow the prompts from the install wizard
- When available above, download and run the MSI file with the most recent calculator. Uninstall the previous version of the FI Calculator if previously installed.
The reports provided in this section are produced as required by the California Public Utilities Commission Decision 16-06-006, “Decision Funding Authorizations and Related Measures for Continuation of the New Solar Homes Partnership Program,” approved June 9, 2016. The reports in this section provide an overview of the NSHP program’s approved and reserved sites within each respective time basis. The Energy Commission began generating reports on April 1, 2016.
NSHP Quarterly Reports
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, October 1 - December 31, 2019
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, July 1-September 30, 2019
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, April 1 - June 30, 2019
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, January 1 - March 31, 2019
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, October 1 - December 31, 2018
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, July 1 - September 30, 2018
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, April 1 - June 30, 2018
- NSHP Quarterly Progress Report, January 1 - March 31, 2018