Tuesday, October 10, 2023
08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
In-person OnlyAdd to Calendar
Join the California Energy Commission (CEC) and EPRI for a two-day summit, exploring affordable, reliable, and equitable pathways to electrifying buildings. The summit will take place October 10-11, 2023 in Sacramento, CA at the California Natural Resources Headquarters.
Building electrification is a key pillar of California’s efforts to achieve net carbon neutrality by 2045. This cutting-edge event will convene government, industry, academia, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to discuss strategies and impacts of building electrification in California. Special emphasis will be placed on equity and publicly funded building decarbonization programs for low-to-moderate-income customers.
Join leaders, experts, and implementers for panel discussions, presentations, and networking. Special emphasis will be on publicly funded building decarbonization programs for low-to-moderate income customers.
Topics covered over the two-day event will include:
- Policy pathways to decarbonize new and existing buildings in California
- Strategies to meaningfully contribute to California’s clean energy equity goals
- Government leadership in decarbonization programs
- Maximizing indoor air quality, public health, and other co-benefits
- Unlocking the power of data and load flexibility to decarbonize buildings and enhance grid reliability
- Communication strategies to effectively engage with and educate the public
- Tapping capital markets to finance building electrification
- Infrastructure planning and affordable electric rates
- Growing and training the workforce of the future
- The role of local governments and community-based organizations
- Technologies and innovations in home appliances enable affordable, reliable, and equitable electrificationNo