For Immediate Release: December 4, 2020
Join us for a celebration of the CEC’s 45th anniversary on Dec. 7, where energy leaders will share milestones and look ahead to the many efforts shaping California’s progress.
On Dec. 10, the CEC will host the inaugural California Clean Energy Hall of Fame awards honoring six energy champions who are helping to advance the state's clean energy goals.
CEC’s 45th Anniversary Celebration
The event celebrates the CEC’s 45th anniversary, highlights its accomplishments, and looks at the future of clean energy and the organization’s continued role in helping California achieve its landmark climate, energy, and equity goals.
The event includes two fireside chats. The first, featuring a panel of former CEC commissioners, will discuss the CEC’s 45-year history of delivering results on key energy policies.
Moderated by Commissioner Karen Douglas, featured speakers include:
- Former CEC Chair Robert B. Weisenmiller
- Carla Peterman
- Jananne Sharpless
- Karen Edson
The second panel will look ahead as California continues to lead the transition to a clean energy future that is reliable, resilient, affordable, and equitable.
Moderated by Vice Chair Janea A. Scott and Commissioner Andrew McAllister, featured speakers include:
- Lynn Jurich, CEO, Sunrun
- Kevin de León, council member, Los Angeles City Council
- Logan Goldie-Scot, head of clean power research, BloombergNEF
- Abigail Solis, sustainable energy solutions manager, Self-Help Enterprises
California Clean Energy Hall of Fame Awards
The CEC’s California Clean Energy Hall of Fame Awards honor individuals and entities making exceptional contributions in local communities to help California achieve a 100 percent clean energy future for all.
Come meet the 2020 honorees:
- Lifetime Achievement – Dr. James O’Bannon
- Youth Game-Changer – Kaushik Tota, founder of the Climate Youth Ambassador Program
- Clean Energy Champions
- Rey Leon – mayor of the City of Huron and executive director of the Latino Environmental Advancement & Policy Institute
- Eddie Price – community development officer, GRID Alternatives
- Pamela Quan – lead installer, Luminalt Energy Corporation
- Arla Ramsey – vice chair, Blue Lake Rancheria
WHEN AND WHERE:
45th Anniversary Celebration
Monday, Dec. 7, 9:30 a.m.
Livestreamed on the CEC’s YouTube Channel.
Clean Energy Hall of Fame
Thursday, Dec. 10, 2 p.m.
Live via Zoom at:
https://energy.zoom.us/j/95740847914?pwd=SXBWUTZHSVlXbXNPZHBjSk54UkNnUT09 Password: HOF
About the California Energy Commission
The California Energy Commission is the state's primary energy policy and planning agency. It has seven core responsibilities: advancing state energy policy, encouraging energy efficiency, certifying thermal power plants, investing in energy innovation, developing renewable energy, transforming transportation, and preparing for energy emergencies.