Funding for this program is no longer available as the program has ended; projects are in the construction and reporting phase. Interested parties are encouraged to SUBSCRIBE to the list serve to receive information on future programs as they may become available.
FINAL REMINDER: Proposition 39 K-12 Annual Progress Reports
PLEASE NOTE: Annual Progress Reports are due September 30, 2020. Local educational agencies (LEAs) must submit their July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020, annual progress reports for Proposition 39 K-12 projects to the California Energy Commission (CEC) by the deadline.
LEAs must provide an annual progress report to the CEC for each approved energy expenditure plan until all energy measures within that expenditure plan are completed. Annual progress report templates were made available July 1, 2020, through the Energy Expenditure Plan Online Reporting system found athttps://www.p39plan.org.
Please log on to the Energy Expenditure Plan Online Reporting system and complete your annual progress report and submit no later than September 30, 2020. Instructions, training videos, and PowerPoint presentations for completing the annual report are available on the CEC’s Proposition 39 K-12 program webpage, found at https://www.energy.ca.gov/programs-and-topics/programs/california-clean….
Proposition 39 Program Deadlines
On May 13, 2020, the California Energy Commission approved an extension of the California Clean Energy Jobs Act K-12 Program (Proposition 39) deadlines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Final project completion date by one year to June 30, 2021
Final project completion reports date by one year to June 30, 2022
See proposed guidelines at the "More Information" link below.
- Bright Schools Program
All public K-12 school districts are eligible for technical assistance.
- School Bus Replacement Program
Funds the replacement of old diesel school buses in disadvantaged and low-income communities throughout the state.
- Energy Conservation Assistance Act – Zero-Interest Loans for Schools
Zero-interest loans to public schools, colleges, and universities for energy efficiency projects.
- Energy Expenditure Plan Handbook (Revised January 2019)
- Utility Data Release Authorization Form CEC-12 - PDF
- Facility and Service Account Information Form CEC-24 - PDF
- List of Utility Recipients for the CEC-12 and CEC-24 Forms
- Citizens Oversight Board
- 2018-2019, Proposition 39 Progress Report to the Citizens Oversight Board
- 2017-2018, Proposition 39 Progress Report to the Citizens Oversight Board
- 2016-2017, Proposition 39 Progress Report to the Citizens Oversight Board
- 2015-2016, Proposition 39 Progress Report to the Citizens Oversight Board
- 2013-2015, Proposition 39 Progress Report to the Citizens Oversight Board
- Final Guidelines - Proposition 39: California Clean Energy Jobs Act -2020 Program Implementation Guideline - PDF
- Summary of Changes - 2020 Summary of Substantive Changes - PDF
Prop 39 K-12 Program Success
The Clean Energy Jobs Act (Proposition 39) K-12 Program allocated more than $1.5 billion over five years to schools across the state to improve facilities and help lower energy bills. Upgrades include switching to LED lighting, replacing inefficient air-conditioning and heating units, and installing solar panels.
Read more success stories on the California Energy Commission's blog.