The following appliance categories have open rulemakings. Stakeholders can review proposals, submit comments, or view workshops.
Spray Sprinkler Bodies (19-AAER-01)
- Pre-Rulemaking Information (17-AAER-08)
Replacement Pool Pump Motors (19-AAER-02)
- Pre-Rulemaking Information (15-AAER-02)
General Service Lamps (19-AAER-04)
- Pre-Rulemaking Information (17-AAER-07)
The following appliances categories are in the pre-rulemaking stage. Stakeholders can submit proposals, make comments, or view workshops.
- 2017 Phase II Pre-Rulemaking
- 2018 Phase II Pre-Rulemaking
- Commercial and Industrial Fans and Blowers (17-AAER-06)
- Commercial Tumble Dryers and Air-Filter Labeling (17-AAER-01)
- Federally Exempted Linear Fluorescent Lamps (18-AAER-08)
- Hearth Products (18-AAER-06)
- Irrigation Controllers (17-AAER-10)
- Low-Power Mode (17-AAER-12)
- Power Factor (19-AAER-03)
- Set-Top Boxes (17-AAER-11)
- Solar Inverters (17-AAER-13)
- Tub Spout Diverters (17-AAER-09)
The Energy Commission has adopted standards for the following categories.
Commercial and Industrial Air Compressors (18-AAER-05)
- Adopted January 9, 2019/Effective date January 1, 2022
Portable Air Conditioners (18-AAER-04)
- Adopted December 10, 2018/Effective date February 1, 2020
- News Release
- Adopted July 11, 2018/Effective date October 1, 2018
- Clean-up and technical amendments to current standards and the Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database System (MAEDBS). There were no underlying energy and water efficiency standards.
Portable Electric Spas and Battery Charger Systems (18-AAER-02)
CEC Approves $95 Million Plan for Critical Clean Transportation Investments
Plan focuses on zero-emission infrastructure to better achieve state goals, provide benefits to all Californians
California Leaders Gather to Chart State’s Path to 100% Clean Energy For All
Kick-off workshop to gain public input for Senate Bill 100 implementation